How to Stop Feeling like Everything Is a Chore?

I stopped trying to make every task feel enjoyable. Some things are just boring, and that’s okay.

What helped me was making my day smaller. Instead of thinking about cleaning the whole house, I clean one thing. Instead of fixing my whole life, I fix one problem.

Also, I leave some empty time in my day. When every hour is planned, even fun things can start feeling like work.

One thing people don’t talk about much: sometimes the problem isn’t laziness. You may simply have too many small decisions to make. Making simple routines for meals, clothes, chores, and work can remove a lot of that mental weight.

And I try to do at least one thing each day with no useful purpose. Walk, listen to music, sit outside, whatever. Not everything needs to improve me.

0 Comments

Comments

Post a Comment